Japanese clothing brand Liz Lisa is known for its modern street fashion designs with emphasis on simplicity and flow. The summer collection is especially ideal for Houston’s hot weather, and my fun afternoon at Kemah Boardwalk.
Summer is the most vacationed time of the year. But you don’t have to travel far or long to get some fun in the sun. Whether you go out on your own or with others for the day, do your best to keep it simple and focus on making memories. Here are my 5 suggestions for prepping your next summer outing!
1. Stay cool. Shade is your head’s BFF in the summer sun. You will less likely get heatstroke or irritable with a fashionable hat on your noggin! Wearing light colors and breathable fabric will also help you keep cool. I paired my outfit with a Phase 3 straw hat.
2. Protect and glow. Defend your skin from harmful UV rays with sunscreen, under and over makeup. Don’t forget your lips, too! Lip balm is a great aid, and you can give your lips a glow with your favorite lip gloss.
3. Keep it light. Outings are all about experiencing the surrounding. Keep your essentials in a small/light bag. Cross body purses are not only trending, but practical for going out. This Coach Mini was not only versatile and lightweight, it stored my necessities for the day.
4. Give your feet some air. Depending on your destination and outfit, you’ll need the right footwear. Don’t forget to give your toes some breathing room, too! I wore Charles David peep toe shoes to keep cool and my feet happy.
5. Mind water. When you’re out and about visiting sights and making memories, it’s easy to overlook staying hydrated. The best resource for your body is water. You can never have too much, especially in heat, so give attention to drinking water throughout the day.
There you have it! My 5 Suggestions for Summer Outings! Regardless of where you are or wherever you may go, make the best of the rest of your summer and be good to yourself!
Blouse: Liz Lisa
Shorts: Liz Lisa
Hat: Phase 3
Shoes: Charles David